Newport Rotary Club is very involved in supporting community efforts in the local community as well as internationally. The following are the primary initiatives and we continue to offer support to many other organizations and causes through donation and service.
- Global Polio Eradication Initiative – we support this cause through our relationship with Rotary International. In 2011 Rotary International raised over $200million US dollars towards the eradication of Polio.
- Newport High School Track Restoration Program – Completed in 2014 with $17,000 in donations from Newport Rotary!
- Newport Food Pantry
- Rotary Youth Leadership Award – Each year Newport Rotary selects two outstanding students to attend the RYLA conference
- 4-Way Speech Contest – A number of students participate in this annual contest for a chance to win prizes and move on to regional contests
- Newport Recreation Department Building Fund
- Newport Rotary Teachers’ Mini Grant Program. Started in 2017, Newport Rotary gives out grants to school programs up to $1,000.00 each with a maximum of five grants per year.